… In 5 Easy Steps
They are listed by the order in which I followed them, but the order is not important:
- Go running. (Optional, but this will help you accomplish the other steps)
- Remove the Messenger app from your phone.
- Remove the Facebook app from your phone.
- Make a personal rule that you cannot check Facebook on your phone, only on a desktop computer.
- Turn off all email notifications from Facebook.
It took me about 18 months to follow all of these steps, and I can’t say that I regretted doing any of them. Similar steps could be taken for Snapchat, Twitter, Pinterest, or any other social network.
Reclaim your life! Go running!
Alan Sanderson is a trail runner in Enoch, UT.